12.19.2011

Dependable


According to the Oxford Dictionary, dependable is defined as, “trustworthy and reliable.”  In a previous post, I mentioned that I consider trust to be a form of currency in the workplace.  Thanks to some excellent supervisors and two outstanding parents, I learned this lesson early in my career and applied it to my work beginning on day-one.  

As a direct result of that lesson, I have built a reputation for being a dependable colleague and employee over the past six years.  Although I take immense pride in my accomplishments as a police officer and detective, I am most proud of the fact the people around me know that they can count on me to do my job and do it right.  I believe that outstanding performance is only valuable to an organization if it is delivered consistently.

My bosses know that I will show up and that I will do whatever it takes to complete an assignment.   Since beginning work with my current agency, I have consistently delivered excellent performance.  I have never taken a sick day and never lost a case.  I have earned the privilege of handling nearly all of the politically-sensitive and time-sensitive cases that make their way to my agency’s investigations division.

If I am given the opportunity to work in a marketing or advertising department, I will bring the same dedication and dependability to work every day.  I promise to do whatever it takes to deliver the same results wherever I go.

Until next time.

-Taft

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about doing a marketing post for a few of your favorite products, a movie, or something you are passionate about? This would show off your marketing skills. If it is sales you are looking to go into specifically, try to sell us some things that you are passionate about. It is Christmas time, why not give in to consumerism?! I think it would be a great way to show your skill set to potential employees...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shell - That's a great idea! I'll have to work on that in the next day or two. I'm moving my blog right now, which is why I haven't been posting as much. As soon as it's up, I'll try a marketing post.

    ReplyDelete